Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,174 Posts
Can you take a video of their interaction? It doesn't sound to me like what you described is necessarily out of line, it could be but its hard to tell without actually seeing they're body language.

· Registered
1,174 Posts
@ThatYellowDog I wasn't talking about a correction, I was talking about a sort of an opening for interaction. In my experience with dogs the in - sometimes with a nip, sometimes with a head butt- and quick jump back is part of a meeting ritual. Although to judge that you really need to look at the body language so really only you can know.

I believe you should let it play out a little more, see how she reacts, if she doesn't like it she'll let him know. If he doesn't respect a negative from her, that is when you have a problem.

As long as one of you has his leash, I don't think you need to worry about him causing serious harm. I also think you're doing the introduction backwards. Instead of walking Kota towards the puppy in your lap, you should stand with kota in one place holding his leash and allow aayla to roam free, let her come to him and initiate the contact or not the other way around.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.