Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, thanks in advance for any help. I have a wonderful 12 week old collie poppy who, 99% of the time, is an angel. The only issue is she becomes a monster around chicken poop and chicken food. It sounds a lot like food guarding, but she is fine around her normal food. Any help or tips would be greatfully received

·
Super Moderator
2,464 Posts
Sorry, I really don't mean to over simplify this, but can't you just keep her away from it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I really don't mean to over simplify this, but can't you just keep her away from it?
We try to, but we keep back yard hens (which might have to go if this keeps on) so it’s easier said than done. As soon as I open the door she heads straight for the coop. I’m a bit worried there’s something missing in her diet but have no idea what it’s likely to be!

·
Super Moderator
2,464 Posts
The chicken stuff sounds like it is far higher value than normal food, always have something better to swap. Have you seen the resource guarding files?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The chicken stuff sounds like it is far higher value than normal food, always have something better to swap. Have you seen the resource guarding files?

Thanks for flagging this. I’ll have a good look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts