Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Love my invisible fence. My dog knows borders really well and never challenges them. She rarely has her collar on. Literally once every couple months I'll put it on her. She just knows the borders.

There is construction on my road for the last year and they've cut my invisible fence cable 4 times. The day I unplug it after its been cut (to stop it from incessantly beeping from the break) my dog simply leaves. Just walks right down the street to play with the neighbors dog or chase a squirrel. Any idea how she knows it's broken? Its happened all 4 times within a day of the fence being disabled.

·
Super Moderator
10,780 Posts
It probably emits a noise when it's working that she can hear but you cannot, and she's learned to associate that noise with a shock from the fence. When the fence is cut the noise stops so she knows that she can safely leave.

Fair warning about electric fences they do not keep anything out of your yard, that means any other animal can get in and attack your dog, or anyone can come and steal your dog (dog theft seems to be high around my area).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts