Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently along with my other dog related events, one the events that astounded me the most was that one day I was out in the yard,I had just come in and was about close the gate when a large wild dog came in and tried to attack me, but suddenly my dog, came from beside me and snarled and attacked the other dog, and to be honest he bit the other dog quite bad, he bit his neck and his leg and barked very loud as the wild dog quickly limped out the gate again, as for me, I'm fine apart from a large gash on my leg.:confused::eek:

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
My gosh! That's scary. Where do you live? You really should call your animal control about this so this dog doesn't attack someone else. It's lucky for you that your dog defended you. However I would take him to the vet to get a check up if he has any scratches or bites from a strange dog. Also, was the gash from the other dog? You definitely need to get a doctor to look at you if that's the case. Getting bitten by an unknown, aggressive dog is an extremely high risk for rabies and you need to get vaccinated. Though many people don't realize it because it's so rare in humans anymore--rabies is still fatal, and if you start to show signs you will die. Even if this dog was not rabid, bites are dirty wounds and can easily get infected. So please, get medical care for yourself and your dog, and call your local animal control. Be careful when you're outside as well! I'd carry some pet corrector or something to defend yourself as well.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your helpful reply, the dog has already been caught and as for the gash I have it is non-infected, and I am forever grateful to my dog :)

P.S my dog is fine, he is now back on the trampoline taking a nap

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.