Dog Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi :) I've had a bit of experience with rescues, most recently my furbaby Seb. I rescued Seb from a shelter for Christmas and boy do I have my hands full! You'll find dogs from all walks of life and many of them have behavioural issues. (Not all of them, but many.) Take care choosing which one would suit you and your lifestyle and make sure you can spend a bit of one on one time before taking them home. I knew Seb would be a challenge with his size and energy but I felt a connection with him and that had me sold. The more I get to know him, I can see he needs a lot more work than I had expected though. I highly recommend adopting but please keep in mind that you won't fully know their past and you may need to invest in quite a bit of daily time, effort and patience to help them adjust and learn. I've had many friends adopt and found it ridiculously easy to welcome their new furbaby to the family and yet Seb and I still have a long road ahead. Hope this gives you a little insight! :) Bunny

Reactions: mayarego
1 - 1 of 1 Posts