Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost 100% of my photos after my old laptop got destroyed... nothing was recoverable off the harddrive :( BUT I will share what photos I do have, feel free to share any critters you've spotted / taken pictures of

Just look at those weird little prairie giraffe!

Hognose with a spiky growth on its neck

Groundhog.. had lots of babies about

Obnoxious hawk wouldn't let me sleep in

This sweet little guy came right up to the camera

One of two noisy magpies living in our yard

White-tail by the river

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
As bad as the stepping in moose poop thing sounds, your pictures are amazing. So different from my flat Florida I see everyday...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As bad as the stepping in moose poop thing sounds, your pictures are amazing. So different from my flat Florida I see everyday...
Ah the poop thing isn't so bad.. but depending where you are, lots of moose/deer poop can meet tons and tons of ticks. I learned that the hard way on some of my adventures.
I'll take poop & ticks any day over city life though :p my life is pretty simple and simply pretty... save for the poop... and the ticks...

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
Ticks? Nevermind I am out! Ticks terrify me! Little things burrow their heads into your skin. Ek.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah, this was a robin fledgling from a few years back.. lovely little guy.

Blinking crow...

Heron

Woodpecker

Baby buns! The mother for some reason decided to make them a burrow in a flower pot. I thought that was the oddest location considering the massive size of the yard lol

My favourite groundhog

To this day I still have no idea what this was.. he looks like some hybrid eagle-hawks Ive seen but really I dont know. Could've just been a juvenile eagle with different markings.

Rabbit at night

Plain ol' froggy... hear them every night around here too.

We don't really have coons here, so this is from back home, but this little guy had an injured leg and was just sitting around.. so we shared a muffin until wildlife rehabbers came to pick him up!

I wish I had cooler photos, all the really amazing animals are impossible to take pictures of cause you usually only see them for a split second before they boot off, though it depends. Typically, by the time you whip your camera out, theyre gone ;)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ticks? Nevermind I am out! Ticks terrify me! Little things burrow their heads into your skin. Ek.
Haha I KNOW. The first one I ever saw, I took a shower for like an hour and still didn't feel clean.. now I pick off dozens a week. Luckily here we dont have lyme really but theyre unavoidable in this season, especially if you dont live in the season. It becomes a fact of life and you get used to it, especially having a thick coated, black dog who ends up with dozens on her...

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Awesome photos!!! That's so neat you have all that wildlife to watch.

That bird looks like a juvie bald eagle to me. Just with a unique marking :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Awesome photos! I live in Colorado and have some of the same critters. My dog loves to eat deer and rabbit poo so I'm glad to not have any moose around!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome photos! I live in Colorado and have some of the same critters. My dog loves to eat deer and rabbit poo so I'm glad to not have any moose around!
Thanks! And haha my pup definitely tries... thankfully she's pretty good at the "leave it" for the most part. I'm sure if we left her to her own devices though she'd go on a poop eating spree :eyeroll: dogs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts