Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We purchased 2 beautiful English Goldens from two different breeders last year. Bonnie & Clyde. Both breeders told us (in writing) that once we had the pups fixed, AKC registration would be sent to us.

Bonnie's breeder is top notch - no complaints.

However, Clyde's breeder - I am having a tough time with...Here are my issues...

• Pup sent home too early in my mind. (7 weeks, still on soft food & still wanting to nurse!)
  • 5 litters at the same time - What???
  • No response to emails or phone calls regarding AKC papers ---- now going on 4 months. Although we are not going to breed, we paid $2500.00 for this pup, I would like to know that we got what we were told.
I did contact the AKC, they sent me a letter asking for the sire & dames registered names & registration numbers ---- I can't get this from the breeder & it isn't listed on their website. Only the nickname of the dogs.

I feel like such a fool ----- I should have done more research.

Brenda

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Is there any way you could take them to court...? I have no idea what buying a dog entails, so I have no idea if there is a paper trail that goes with it that would prove anything or not?

You're right, seven weeks is 2-3 weeks too early. And five liters at the same time is insane. I don't know how she didn't lose it. What if the puppies/mommies got sick all at the same time?

I'm sorry you're going through this. It sounds like you got a bad egg. :( I hope you find a way to clear this up.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Sounds like you may have gotten scammed. Lots of that going around. Since both dogs are now presumable spayed/neutered, you don't really need AKC papers unless you want to compete in an AKC dog sport.

That's a very expensive life lesson and I hope you spread the word among your friends and family to do their research first.

·
Banned
6,595 Posts
You *may* be able to do something about it since you got it on paper, but it's going to cost a hell of a lot more...and they'll probably continue doing what they're doing.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Sorry to say it, but you got duped. How did you find Clyde's breeder in the first place? Perhaps they can be contacted thru that route. If have in writing that you would receive AKC papers then you can take them to small claims court for the price difference between a Registered and non- registered golden. You paid for a dog with papers, fulfilled your contract, and they breached the contract.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts