Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to post this.. so for those of you dont know or whatever
I highly recommend getting your dogs teeth cleaned, mine get them done every year and i also do stuff at home.. i brush weekly and use breath spray every day and 3 diff kinds of bones every day for each dog CET and veggie dent CET and greenies , ive never remembered to get before and after pics so here ya go..
oh im curious to know if all places do this good(see a huge difference) or is it just some places?
Im only posting one dogs before and after bc this is a pain.. i have 3 pups.
These are my baby girls teeth, she is 9yr old since june

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
576 Posts
Do you put your dog under GA each year for this?

I cant imagine mine letting anyone do his tetth without being knocked out and I dont think a GA each year is worth the risk.. We dont feed any of those commercial tooth/dental things (greenies made him vomit), but we raw feed so he gets plenty of bones..

I do agree its important to look after our pets teeth though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the dogs get put under general anesthesia for the professional teeth cleaning every year however when I do it at home they are not but what I do at home is not even close to like what they do at the vet office. For several years of their life I did not do that because I had worries about the anesthesia and heard horror stories but they offer a blood test panel prior to this to make sure your dog can handle it and I don’t skimp i do the best one. My oldest the one that those pictures are of has a heart murmur and she is also only 4 pounds she is nine years old so I imagine she won’t be getting her teeth done professionally very many more times because as she gets older it’s going to be more of a risk for her.
I have tried different bones and have had some of them make them sick and other dogs would not like them finding a bond that does what it needs to do and all three dogs like and don’t make them sick was a challenge but I have not had any issues with three that I give them and they do seem to make a difference on how their teeth look. I started those bones after their last teeth cleaning and their teeth look a lot better than what they did last time I mean I can definitely tell a difference.
I also feed them natural balance which is supposed to be good it is certainly expensive. I try to take the best care of them that I can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts