Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
Reading this made me feel a bit at ease to know I'm not the only one like this! My husband urks me to no end when it comes to his thought process on dogs. I'm a BIG animal person. I've been passionate about them since I was 3, and I've learned quite a lot and he knows nothing. It doesn't bother me that he knows nothing, but when I try to educated him about Teddy's breed and the common health issues he can get, and we need to not teach him certain things, I'm "annoying" and "I nag too much" thanks to my husband, I had to toss my xpen out because he taught Teddy how to climb out of it. He taught him how to jump on our bed, which again I don't mind because I love when Teddy cuddles with us, but Teddy used to stare me down until I finally said "ok" and then he'd come up on the furniture. He thinks teaching Teddy to dig in the hamper and grab his socks is funny. Last but certainly not least, he has taught Teddy that it is ok to bite his hands, it's funny to him and he's turned it into a game. Sometimes I just want to scream or kill him lol because one day Teddy's going to "playfully bite" the wrong person and they'll think he's aggressive when he's the most friendliest dog. My husband was deployed 3 days after I got Teddy, he came back when Teddy was about 8 months old so he was already fully trained and was so good! Now it's like pulling my hair out on a daily basis.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.