Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
I am the same.
I even made a list of really simple, really basic rules. E.g. Never use recall and have something bad following. Yet my partner calls him for bad things.
Another example is, i explained him that i want a relaese word and what its for and i let him pick. Not once has he used the word, he uses another one at all times.

Generally we are on the same page though. We both reward calm behaviours and ignore or redirect wild behaviours. E.g. we both ignore him when we get home and he is crazy until he calms down, we ask him to sit if he jumps up.
I also realize that i go a bit crazy with any new intrest, so i am flooding my partner with information and rules and the poor bugger cant quiet keep up.

Guests annoy me. When the dog does something he shouldnt and they reward him with attention. Such as jumping up and getting a pat. Or begging and then the guest says in the sweetest voice , no no no youre not allowed to beg, you should be going away.... and continues to give the dog attention,.... and so on. If anyone ever feeds my dog from their plate or table Im probablh going to get really angry. Haha

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.