Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 6 month-old cockapoo has terrible breath. He has been losing a lot of his puppy teeth, which IO was told could be a contributor. He also has a beard that is always drippy from water, but really I can't even stand his kisses. No signs of infection when I look in his mouth, just generally bad doggie breath.

I have heard that probiotics can help with this. Will plain yogurt suffice if he tolerates it? How much is recommended daily? He weighs 18 pounds. I found several probiotic supplements I can feed as a treat but they are really expensive, compared to yogurt and I wonder if they are even still active after processing.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
You can put a small amount of fresh chopped parsley in the food, this will help. My dogs get kefer or yogurt daily but it does not help with bad breath.

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
Depends on if it's teeth/gums related or gastric.

Raw meat bones are natures toothbrush. 6 months old with possible gastric issues? What's the dog eating?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Depends on if it's teeth/gums related or gastric.

Raw meat bones are natures toothbrush. 6 months old with possible gastric issues? What's the dog eating?

He eats Canidae Pure which is a highly rated kibble. Only occasional grain-free treats during training.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts