Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 2 1/2 months ago, my husband and I adopted a 4 year old female corgi mix from an animal shelter. She had been abused previously and was very skittish. We assumed that with patience, love, and time that she'd start to trust us, but I'm really worried about her behavior!

For a while, it seemed like she was adjusting well. She ignored our 2 cats and seemed to be responding to our daily walks and games. We got her into obedience training right away, and while she wasn't able to progress past 'sit' because of her past issues (she is suspicious of treats and she doesn't like to be touched), she was sitting on command and readily went into her crate when asked.

The past two weeks, though, it seems like she's gotten worse. She seems even MORE suspicious of us, refusing to sit or go into her crate. Alarmingly, out of nowhere she's started being really aggressive toward the 2 cats she'd been ignoring for 2 months. Whenever she sees them, her ears go up and she chases them. Now they're afraid to come out.

We're not sure why she's regressing all of a sudden. There's been no change to her/our routine.

Does anyone have ANY ideas why this might be happening? Ideas, too, on correcting a dog that's been abuses...i.e. keeping her from chasing our cats?

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Maybe your dog isn't feeling well and is "short" with your kitties. The senior members of DF may have more insights...and help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts