Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My dog has to have 5 tablets a day for a few reasons. We usually pay 80 a month to the vets for his meds but just recently I got it down to £25 online as I am now struggling to pay so much for his pills so bringing it down so much was great. I now have to pay around £45 just to get the prescription for 2 months which is almost more then what I'm paying for the actual meds.

I am just wondering if anybody knows a way of perhaps getting the prescription for free or any alternative way I can bring the costs down

Thanks so much, greatly appreciated
All the best.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Here in America there is a loophole that allows some medications usually requiring a prescription to be sold without one, the same medications from the same companies. There are vendors on Ebaythat sell these very inexpensively.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Online non prescription vendors can't guarantee the quality because they source medications from other countries. It's a bit dicey.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Online non prescription vendors can't guarantee the quality because they source medications from other countries. It's a bit dicey.
Not always true. Some of the medications are made in the U.S., some are the exact same medications sold by pharmacies.

·
Registered
442 Posts
You also might try asking your vet if they will match the online prices, or seeing if any of the medications are also available at regular pharmacies, since many of them offer cheap generic rxs ($4 a month for many in my area).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts