Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, This is Kaiya. She is a Borgi, her dad is pure border collie and her mom is a Borgi( half border, half corgi). She was born Sept 23 so she is still very young, her eyes are not even open yet! I have had the privilege to have met her three times already as her breeder is local. I will be taking her home end of nov when she is 9 weeks old and i can t wait! She is my first puppy as the only other dog I have had was when I was very young.
I know it is early but I am trying to be prepared ahead of time.

I have several questions but one I am working on right now is where to put my crate. I had at first decided the kitchen because it is the busiest , easy to clean floor and relatively close to the door as it is in the main level. I then read about a lady who did this whose bedrooms are all upstairs ( like mine) who did not always hear/ get to her puppy in time and it would mess. I hear some people have the crate in the bedroom which is ok but i want her to be downstairs when not sleeping which would mean moving her crate (I want it accessible to her) a lot or having two..but I worry she might like one and not the other etc. Plus the bedroom is an area the pets are not aloud in which might be hard to reinforce later? (We have two cats , that's it) the cats sleep in their room as one is a terrible cord chewer and 4 years later nothing has helped.. Its alright tho as its a big room, full of their things so they love it and even put themselves to bed most night.. Any who there is that room which I don't think the cats will mind as they love dogs , which might help her feel not so alone, but again it is upstairs. I'm at a loss for the best decision.

Here is some info that might be relative;
- I will take a week off work when I get her
-she will be coming to work with me untill she is old enough to hold it till my lunch
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm I might just do that! How long would you say before I start to have her sleep downstairs? Another thing I was never clear on was whether to ignore crying when I know it's not potty related or whether to say no or quiet .. I have read different things online

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about doing like you said until she is reliably sleeping through the night and then slowly night by night moving the sleeping spot out the bedroom, down the hall, down stairs and to the kitchen?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.