Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to introduce my newest pregnant foster, Belle! She is about 3 years old and is a Dogue De Bordeaux mix. Love her already, she is calm and quiet, such a sweetie, loves belly rubs and lots of pets. She loves being with people but isn't needy and is enjoying sleeping in her whelping room as well. We think that she was probably dumped because she was found out in the middle of nowhere, but thankfully she found her way to pretty much the only home around and the kind home owner kept her safe until the dog wardens were able to pick her up and get her to us, thank goodness this sweet girl will be giving birth in a safe, warm house! She is huge and I don't think it will be long before she delivers, but I do think she has a few more days to go.

More photos and info coming, but for now here are two pictures of Belle I got while she was sleeping, poor girl is so uncomfortable!

http://www.dogforum.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

·
Registered
214 Posts
Who dumps a pregnant dog? Gosh, poor girl. I'm glad she's in a safe place. Hope everything goes well for her, and thank you for taking her in. :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankfully she hasn't been out for long, not thin from what we can tell and she wasn't very dirty. She seems very healthy and happy. We will have to wait and see how the delivery goes!

·
Registered
713 Posts
She looks happy sleeping in a nice warm place. Do you know how far along she is?

I'm curious why they think she's a Douge mix? She look mostly lab to me and Douges aren't very common in most of the US. Does she have any Douge features?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
She looks like she swallowed a dog her size! Poor girl dumped in such a crucial time :( I'm so glad you got her! Just out of curiosity, do you know where the puppies are going?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She looks happy sleeping in a nice warm place. Do you know how far along she is?

I'm curious why they think she's a Douge mix? She look mostly lab to me and Douges aren't very common in most of the US. Does she have any Douge features?
Since she is a stray we can only guess, but I would say that she has no more than a week, and personally think probably no more than a few days just by the signs she is showing now.

I will post a photo of her face, I agree she looks pretty lab like until you see that part of her, specially her muzzle.

She looks like she swallowed a dog her size! Poor girl dumped in such a crucial time :( I'm so glad you got her! Just out of curiosity, do you know where the puppies are going?
I know, she's HUGE! She, and her soon to be pups will be going to rescue once the pups are around 8 weeks old.

Reactions: crazy and cos

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
She did very well overnight, slept the whole night through without any problems. She is completely settled in now and is already showing plenty of signs that the time is near.

Here are a few more photos taken today.

Reactions: crazy and cos

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
Oh man, I bet she is ready to get those puppies out of her. Yay for more puppy pictures!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh man, I bet she is ready to get those puppies out of her. Yay for more puppy pictures!
She is without a doubt! I think she may be in the first stage of labor, she spends most of her time pacing the house, and she is doing a whole lot of rear end licking.

·
Premium Member
10,820 Posts
What a pretty girl! I'm glad that she was rescued and you are giving her a safe and loving home to deliver and raise her puppies in.

The way her milk seems to have come in I agree that her delivery time is very near.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Here are a few more photos taken today.

I'm still not seeing any Dogue, just mostly Lab with some Pitbull in the color, cheeks, and undershot jaw. I'm excited to see how her pups turn out, especially since we have no idea who the father(s) could be. Please post pictures of the pups when/if you can. Hopefully all goes well with her whelping.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
beautiful dog and i feel for her size of her boobs and nipples never mind size of her! if that were me(im female) then id be very grumpy and snappy wanting it over and done with no doubt

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
good luck with delivery hope she copes well

Reactions: LoveMyFosters

·
Registered
547 Posts
She is sssoooo pretty. There are people in my area with a dog that looks just like her, and they call there's a pure red nose. I know that isn't a breed though.
I can't wait to see her babies. :D And I hope everyone is safe during the delivery.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thank you all for the well wishes! Don't worry, I will be sure to post puppy pictures! She is doing great so far, started a tiny bit of nesting last night but nothing that really says she's about to go. Her belly has dropped way down from where it was so things are getting there! The wait is always hard, not only for the me but also for her. She is so big that she just about looks like a pregnant cow instead of a dog, lol.

This photo was taken yesterday morning.

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
Oh that does look miserable! Hopefully it's sooner rather then later!

Reactions: LoveMyFosters

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Oh I hope it's not so long anymore.
this looks really uncomfortable. :(

She looks more like a Lab/Pitbull mix to me that a BD...she looks so tiny. *ü*

1 - 20 of 309 Posts