Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off please no negative comments I did what I and most people would say was best for the dog. I recently saved a pregnant dog from scumbags threatening to kill her and pups. She is approximately 9 months old. I have no experience with pregnant/whelping dogs. From what i was told the former owners said she mated on April 10th so I've figured she is due around June 13. But I'm thinking she may go in the next few days. 2 days ago she started producing milk when you squeeze her nipples (I don't do it hard or often just wanted to check) her vulva appears moist/wet as if she might be leaking some fluid. I took her temp about an hour ago and it's was 99.6F. anyone have any advice or suggestions... I'm lost. I don't really have the funds to take her to the vet but if an emergency arises I will.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Your dog's labor should start 24-48 hours after her temp. drops to 99degrees.
She will be restless and usually refusing to eat. Producing milk and thick mucous discharge are all signs of impending labor!
Have a quiet place for her and keep 'family traffic' to a minimum........
Most dogs instinctually know what to do, but if you feel she needs help, do call your vet! There are plenty of utube video and online instructions and I hope you have at least researched on how to whelp a litter! Good luck and be sure to post a pic of the new babies........all puppies are beautiful!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will definitely post pics, I've been doing as much research as possible. I have two different places set up for her. One is the hard plastic kid pools with blankets and pillows and the other is a very large crate with blankets and pillows. I have gloves scissors towels wash clothes, the only things I don't have that I'm hoping to get Friday when hubby gets paid is a way to weigh the puppies and some string or something to tell them apart. I will definitely add pictures when they arrive.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Just wanted to let everyone know that the first puppy has been born. The OP will update this post themselves once they are able. More updates to follow!

Reactions: Aspen726

·
Super Moderator
4,614 Posts
Aw, they are little cows!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts