Dog Forum banner

Pregnant bitch bleeding!!

41K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  logeese 
#1 ·
Hello I am new here, i have weimaraners...one bitch is pregnant, we were at the vet and he confirmed this, however she is bleeding and is very swollen behind (infact she looks a bit like she is in heat but definitely isnt) the bleeding is slightly better after 6 days and also darker in colour but is still there..has anyone ever heard of this..i must go for an ultrasound tomorrow and see if we can find a heartbeat (from the pups obviously) and if not the vet wants to abort!! She was covered the first time on 2 feb and then 3 more times (every other day)
Would much appreciate any thoughts!!!:ponder:

#3 ·
thanks for the advice...i have been 3 times to the vet!!!!Just wondered if anyone had had an experience like this and a positive ending, today i will go again for a scan to see if there is a detectable heartbeat!! I thought this was a discussion forum, where people could discuss things????? No worries!!:(

#5 ·
Hi Harris, welcome to the forum!
I for one would really like to know the outcome of your dog! Please let us know what your vet says.

This forum is great for advice, sharing experiences and for getting support from fellow dog owners.

I had a bitch do this once. It ended up that she wasn't pregnant and had come into heat again. (AKA double heat.)

A friend of mines bitch did this, she aborted.

#6 ·
Hi, I have experienced this before. Twice now one of my dogs passed blood clots while she was pregnant. Anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks. She gave birth to large litters both times. Vet told me it was her body aborting a few because she is a smaller dog and her body could not handle that many pups inside her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.