Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
Before I start, yes, my bitch is health tested with OFAs done as was the sire.

This will be her first litter but not ours however we moved and are using a new vet. Our last vet did not ultrasound until day 35 but this one suggested one at day 27 and then if they were unsure, again after day 30. We had an ultrasound today but all they said was that it was possible and they could ultrasound June 22 as they are booked up next week. Posted are the photos from the ultrasound. Im just looking to see if others have had ultrasounds this early and get thier opinion. I'm still going to get the ultrasound done on June 22nd which will be day 39 for her but would just like opinions from others.

All puppies are spoken for if she is pregnant.

·
Registered
171 Posts
It sure looks like there are some puppies in there...though it's hard to make out the number or anything else specific. The images I've always seen before showed spines that could be easily counted - maybe xrays? Anyway, this does seem to confirm pregnancy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sure looks like there are some puppies in there...though it's hard to make out the number or anything else specific. The images I've always seen before showed spines that could be easily counted - maybe xrays? Anyway, this does seem to confirm pregnancy.
Thats is what I was thinking as well but its very early in pregnancy. About 8 days sooner than I have had ultrasounds done so normally its easier for me to see what the vet is explaining. But the new vet wanted to do it sooner. We go in at day 39 from ovulation so we should see things more easily but with ultrasounds you are mainly just confirming, its hard to get an accurate count on an ultrasound. Xrays have to be after day 54 or you wont see anything as bones wont be fully developed until then but soon as time comes we will have one done.

Mainly wanted to get opinions on if she may be pregnant or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts