Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happened a while back. I think you'll get a kick out of it…

My mom, sister, and I had been gone for a week. Chester, who was still having occasional accidents in the house, had been left home with my dad.

We had been home for a few days. Our cat kept meowing at me and walking over to a door to a room we didn't use much due to house renovations. I'd never seen her do this before. I opened the door and followed her in. She made her way purposefully to the new bathroom that was under construction, looking back to make sure I was following her. Once inside the bathroom, she went straight to a little brown lump on the floor, sniffed it, looked at me, and gave one final meow. She sounded concerned and indignant.

Evidently Chester had had an accident in there while we were gone, and it had gone unnoticed by my Dad. Nobody had any reason to enter the bathroom, so no one knew about it. I guess our cat had gone in when the door was open and discovered Chester's dried poo.

That whole interaction was just incredible to me. It amazes me that she so clearly wanted to show this to us. I wish I knew what was going through her little cat brain.

·
Registered
811 Posts
What a clever cat. She may have been trying to tell your dad about the 'accident', but he may not have been able to understand what she was saying to him. So she had to wait for you to come back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.