Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I absolutely hate the idea of a dog pissing in the house, but with Tyrion's frequent urination problem I think we'll have to have a "place" for him to do it instead of just on the floor. Poor thing just can't hold it long enough to make it outside.

So I want some opinions on what would be best because I've never used one before. What is more sanitary/easier to clean/generally better, a "potty patch" or wee wee pads on one of those special mat pad things they make for them? I'd appreciate ay feedback and amazon links! Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Definitely potty patch. The potty pads are soft and resemble carpet/bathroom mats, etc.

If you let him pee on that, he will eventually think it's okay to go on carpet and soft surfaces and not the grass outside.

I'm not sure on brands, but i'm sure you can find one on amazon.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I've always taught with newspaper which is worked so far. This latest time around I was tempted to buy one of those astroturf pads with drainage underneath but they seem really expensive.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've always taught with newspaper which is worked so far. This latest time around I was tempted to buy one of those astroturf pads with drainage underneath but they seem really expensive.
I need to get some sort of special "surface" because if liquid leaks onto the floor we have it develops "bubbles" that totally screw it up. But thanks.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
What about a box of kitty litter?I have a friend who swears by it for her apartment doc. She bult a box out of plywood and says uses it like a cat would.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Potty patch!

1. They can resemble grass and help get them accustomed to that environment to go on.
2. Instead of spending $10-$20 on puppy pads every 1-2 weeks you make a one time purchase. So cost wise, it makes more sense being that the potty patch is reusable.
3. Usually can trap the liquid better and gives them a larger space to go on. Mine would accidently miss the pad a lot of the time. They tried though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.