Dog Forum banner
1 - 1 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend has a doodle (hypoallergenic dog). I noticed when the dog licks my neck or face, it tends to get red afterwards.
I was myself diagnosed with an allergy to animals as a child (8-9 years old) but am now 30. My parents have had a cat for years and I lived with the cat for year without symptoms so I assumed had faded away.
I've spent a few days at a time at my girlfriend without issue (besides my neck, that doesn't hurt, but physically goes red). We are now talking of moving in together.
Apart from the obvious (I shouldn't let her dog lick me), has anyone ever experienced this? Can an immunity be built over time? Do you have any tips for people with a diagnosed allergy that have been able to live with a dog?

Thank you for your help,
1 - 1 of 3 Posts