Dog Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,034 Posts
I was misquoted.
Do your rules allow that??
First of all, you were not misquoted. She took a direct quote from your post.

Second of all, that is not why you were spoken to. You are constantly taking threads off topic, despite many warnings.

Another infraction will result in a ban.

·
Super Moderator
11,911 Posts
We have read it. Several times.
See post #45 in this thread.
http://www.dogforum.com/dog-training-behavior/dog-walking-etiquette-302490/page5/

Besoeker said:
Maybe that flies where you are from (seems as though you have a lot of rural land)
We live in a suburb of Dunstable, UK.
It is an ancient town and the main street follows a Roman road, Ermine Street.

but it's disrespectful to have your dog off leash approach whoever and whatever it wants. Especially if you don't know that person who dog.
As it happens, we usually do given that we walk the same routes most of the time. Mostly, Max gives a friendly greeting. And some he avoids/ignores.

It sounds like you have gotten lucky and your dog has never run up to a dog aggressive dog on a leash.
He has. And defused any potential problem.
The lucky bit is a two way street.

I have a leash reactive dog (He doesn't do well greeting other dogs on leash) and if I was walking a trail and your unleashed (which as far as the states is usually illegal unless specified) dog ran up to my dog he would more then likely get bit. And the great part of that situation is that I would not be liable, you would.
Doesn't sound like you have a very nice dog.

You say you want your dog to be a dog and not a contained animal, but does your dog sleep in your house?
Yes but he gets to use the back garden.
He has his own bed which he sleeps in.

Have you trained your dog to use the bathroom outside instead of inside?
He does. No training required.

Do you never walk your dog on a leash?
I walk him on a lead where there could be a risk to him or others.

Obviously if you have done any of these things you have taught your dog to be contained and to respect those boundaries. That's just what other people are doing.
I hope you continue to have luck and your dog never gets attacked, but I believe by allowing your dog to be off leash in an area that is not specified as off leash, you are taking that risk.
I don't think it is luck.
Frankly I'm not sure how else to take it. You're not being misquoted. It's literally black and white, word for word.

·
Super Moderator
11,911 Posts
Sigh... I did. Yet again.
I'm not going to argue with you any more on this. If you feel you are being misunderstood then you can explain yourself.
Otherwise, you might owe an apology and definitely need to familiarize yourself with (and follow) forum rules if you wish to participate here.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
8,034 Posts
This is ridiculous. The infraction is for going off topic. If you continue to be difficult and argumentative, you will be banned.

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is ridiculous. The infraction is for going off topic. If you continue to be difficult and argumentative, you will be banned.
Pointing out that I was misquoted difficult and argumentative??
I did not say what she claimed I said about her dog.
If you think I need to be banned for pointinng out an untruth.........

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Pointing out that I was misquoted difficult and argumentative??
I did not say what she claimed I said about her dog.
If you think I need to be banned for pointinng out an untruth.........
I didn't say Jclark doesn't have a very nice dog.
Word for word:
"Doesn't sound like you have a very nice dog."
Not that her dog wasn't a nice dog.
But that's what I'm being accused of. Threatened with a ban for telling the truth??

I don't have a problem with anyone disagreeing with what I say.
Disagreeing with what I didn't say is quite a different matter.
Surely you can see that?
Yet I am the guilty party here?? Facing a ban for telling the truth?

Anyway, my point was based on her comment that my dog would most likely get bit(ten).
Nice dogs don't bite other dogs

·
Super Moderator
11,911 Posts
There are plenty of perfectly normal and lovely dogs who will snark unfamiliar dogs for running up and getting into their faces... That type of behavior is considered rude by many dogs. Not all dogs and breeds are the same in regards to level of dog tolerance. Some will put up with a lot and others much less.

Some reading I hope might help you understand.
"He Just Wants to Say 'Hi'" | Relationship Centered Dog Training by Suzanne Clothier
https://sarahwilsondogexpert.com/why-does-my-herding-dog-seem-to-hate-labs/
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are plenty of perfectly normal and lovely dogs who will snark unfamiliar dogs for running up and getting into their faces... That type of behavior is considered rude by many dogs.
That may be.
But I don't think is polite to be untruthful about what I posted and then be threatened with a ban for telling the truth!.

I don't suppose I'll get a retraction from either of you despite your being wrong about what I posted.

So here's a nice pic that might defuse things.
Max in his Halloween gear.

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And another. It's on our front door.

Well, despite looking at what was being offered, I couldn't find
"Beware of the viscious, snarling canine monster".
:)

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That may be.
But I don't think is polite to be untruthful about what I posted and then be threatened with a ban for telling the truth!.

I don't suppose I'll get a retraction from either of you despite your being wrong about what I posted.

So here's a nice pic that might defuse things.
Max in his Halloween gear.
Oops....

·
Premium Member
8,034 Posts
the topic is not that you were misquoted... it is that you are constantly taking posts off topic. keep threads on topic by posting accordingly or be banned. end of story. those are your choices.

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
You're Delusional and You Sound Delusional may be 2 very different sentences, but can still be hurtful.

Whether you meant to insult my dog or not, you did. And you've insulted people in the past with what you consider to be truth. And truth is pretty subjective to the party that is looking at it. Yes, I have a dog that will defend himself if he is approached by a dog he doesn't know in a way that he doesn't like. Doesn't mean he is not a good dog. This forum is a place for people to come and discuss their dogs and their training, it is not a place to pass judgement on people or dogs that we don't know (having never met them in person). All the while, your argument with me was not why you got the infraction (although being rude certainly didn't help)

And another. It's on our front door.

Well, despite looking at what was being offered, I couldn't find
"Beware of the viscious, snarling canine monster".
:)
This is why you got the infraction. As much as seeing pictures of your dog is nice, it is best placed in a thread designated to photos, like the photo overload thread (which I know you've been to because I've seen Max's picture there). Posting pictures on threads that don't relate to the content is drawing threads off topic, which is what we are trying to avoid and which is what the infraction was in regards to.

I'm over fighting about it. What's done is done. Whether you meant it one way and I took it another, it is done.

Reactions: Aspen726
1 - 18 of 18 Posts