Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog Mowu only very recently picked me up after she got smacked with a broom on the street, ran between my legs and simply never left. She’s only 3(ish) months old according to the vet and was stray so she’s not been taught anything.
Most nights (about 4am) she comes to paw at my bedroom door and whine which means she’s eliminated somewhere in the apartment. She’s getting better at this, generally confining poop to one area of our enclosed balcony and even specifically to the puppy pad I put out there but when it comes to peeing it seems any spot of floor I have is fair game.
She generally seems to tucker out at around 9pm, last go outside is at 8:30 and dinner is at 7:30 (after which the water bowl goes away.)
I’m starting to think I need to set an alarm for something like 3am and take her out to try and get her into the habit? Or maybe put her in a crate at night and then do potty trips at 3am and 6am (my wake up time).
We live in the 11th floor so quick dashes outside when she tries to go are a lost cause.
Any suggestions or advice is appreciated as I’ve never owned a dog before, thank you.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Suggestions

Hi. It seems like you made some good suggestions for yourself. Go for it! The more out the better when they are young. Getting yourself on a schedule for your pup is what I have done over the years.
Take care.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts