Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I recently adopted Milo from a local animal shelter on March 28th, 2019. He was neutered March 29th and then was able to come home. On April 3rd, we went to our first vet appointment in which we were told that his internal sutures were healed enough to the point he no longer had to wear his cone.

Today I noticed a pimple-like bump near the line of his incision site at 12 pm. Around 6 pm I noticed it looked worse. Does this look like a suture reaction? I read online that sometimes internal sutures do not dissolve properly and could cause something like this. This is my first dog so I have not been in this situation before. Milo has another vet appointment next month and his current vet has already been emailed about the situation. I was just hoping to get a little insight.

Thanks!

Photos of the bump: https://imgur.com/e0gUqWC

·
Registered
271 Posts
Sorry for the late response.

Has everything resolved?

I volunteer at an animal shelter and can say that looks normal. I think it's just from some irritation and licking. If you are concerned or it keeps getting worse than I would ask a vet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It formed a pus underneath, almost like a pimple and popped on its own. Its cleared up and Milo is doing just fine!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts