Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello dog forum members,

I am writing to you for some help and advise My poor little Sophie has been unwell for sometime Since she was a pup she had ocassional bouts of vomiting bile At the time, the vet felt it was likely because she was a small breed and had high acid level The vet perscribed pepcid. This waxed and wained but Sophie always had a clean bill of health. A few months ago things took a bad turn. Sophie started vomiting a lot. We wound up in the doggy ER and she had a whole battery of tests Blood came back normal, urine was fine. Her conditioning was also excellent. We have also had xrays which came back normal.

Yesterday we had an ultra sound as she is now vomiting daily The ultra sound reveal thickening of the entrance to the small intenstine Possible IBD Nothing is definative yet She is now on a different antacid and a motility enhancer (her motility has slowed down).

I have no experience with IBD in dogs, or the constant vomiting, and I am literally freaking out I can't sleep because I am so worried Little Sophie is so nausiated that she shakes She is miserable and so am I (and my wife is too). It litterally breaks my heart to see her like this

I was hoping anyone out there who has gone through the same thing with their little one could share their experiences with me, especially advice on how to cope, and what to expect (like how long to get to a treatment that worked)

It would give me great comfort to know that people and their little ones have gone through this and come out on the other side okay. Even if your experience is not directly related, your advice would be most welcome.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
If your vet hasn't already, you need to ask for her to be put on an anti nausea medication. There is no reason for her to be vomiting like that when it can be stopped. Cerina is a good one, as well as metoclompramide (my dog takes this med quite frequently it is less expensive than cerina).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sophie was being fed Accana Lamb kibbles and Natures Instinct wet food. However, she is on an ultra low allergine diet (Z/D) now as food sensitivities/allergies often cause flares ups of IBD.

She use to have treats, but has not had any in two months.

She is a cokapoo and is just over 2 years old.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know how it is to be so worried it drains you and then to be cleaning it up all the time just makes you more drained. My dog was just sick where she was throwing up and peeing all the time. It took awhile for us to get a solid answer on what was wrong with her. But once we found out and they got her on the medications she needed she has made a turn for the best. I hope everything turns out well for your little Sophie, and you can find out for sure whats wrong with her and she can start getting better. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts