Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Boxer started to have "goopy" eyes in the morning it has gotten worse in last few days. I similar to Pink eye...can dogs get pink eye???? Im asking on here first because i know if i call the vet they will automatically tell me to bring him in and i just dont have the funds right now :eek: Is it safe to but saline solution into dogs eyes??? :confused:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Conjunctivitis is pretty common. If they are goopy and crusty and stuff there's a good chance he has conjunctivitis. Got a photo?

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
My dogs eyes get goopy when their allergies act up. Simple discharge and they rub them alot. Eyes get red in the corners too. Benedryl helps if this is the problem

·
Registered
193 Posts
If Billy has too much cheese or yogurt he gets goopy eyes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pic of Dozer's eye

This was when he woke up one morning...and i know it looks terrible so i called the vet and one of the vet techs told me to try saline for a few days and see how it works...so far its working well there is still some goo but its turning clear and not at much!!! YAY!

Thanks for all your help!!! :rockon:

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update!

I would like to thank everyone who commented on my topic! Dozer's eyes are all cleared up and i didnt have to fork out money at the vet...Saline worked wonders!!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I find that if you use filtered water without chlorine to rinse the eyes out, helps with some minor irritations. And it helps speed healing if you use meds or rinses, such as saline solution.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Wonderful!!!

I have a rabbit who has one gunky eye (been the vets, its not an infection) he has a cataract in that eye (his only eye) and we do rinses with saline every day-it's a wonderful thing to have!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts