Dog Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned poodles for 43 yrs of my life, starting with my mum who was a breeder and exhibitor. She taught me alot of what I know although I wasnt interested in showing and breeding when i was younger. After my parents passed away, Im sure her soul went into my body cause all of a sudden I bought a show dog and started showing, followed by breeding and then became a groomer just like her. :eek:

Ive tried a few different breeds, but right now I own lowchens and had a lovely littler of 5 girls, and a toy poodle litter of 4 pups now 3 girls live. All are doing very well.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For those who dont know what a lowchen looks like, here are some pics. The darker one is the male.

shrek_standing.jpg

Trixie.jpg

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, tis a show cut, they grow hairl all over their body like a poodle, shih tzu, maltese yadda yadda. You can clip them off like these breeds also. But as a show dog, they must be cut like this, tis the breed standard :rolleyes:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its a traditional things. The lowchen is also known as Little Lion Dog, clipping them this way makes them look like a lion. I think its rather cute and they really do have sexy bums :dog-love:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts