Dog Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 14 year old poodle to the groomer this past week for a haircut and bath. She has not stopped scratching all over and is now licking her pee pee and surrounding area. I am thinking it's the shampoo the groomer used causing the itching, but don't understand why she keeps licking and licking making the area irritated. Could it just be she's allergic to their shampoo or is it something more serious. I think I should take her back to the groomer for another bath but with my own shampoo for dogs. I'm so worried about the area she's licking becoming red and irritated. Any advice will be so appreciated.

·
Registered
Bo
3 Posts
I use diluted apple cider vinegar on my dog when his skin flares up. He has really sensitive skin. I used to have that same problem after the groomer - now I ask the groomer not to shave his stomach and private areas but to leave a half inch of hair. That way, there's less abrasion from the clippers.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I took my 14 year old poodle to the groomer this past week for a haircut and bath. She has not stopped scratching all over and is now licking her pee pee and surrounding area. I am thinking it's the shampoo the groomer used causing the itching, but don't understand why she keeps licking and licking making the area irritated. Could it just be she's allergic to their shampoo or is it something more serious. I think I should take her back to the groomer for another bath but with my own shampoo for dogs. I'm so worried about the area she's licking becoming red and irritated. Any advice will be so appreciated.
If she is damaging her skin you may want to put a cone on her until you can get the itching to stop. My dog does not have the same issue but has environmental allergies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts