Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody!
Just a week ago, I adopted my Pomsky Moe! Since I adopted him, I have tried so many different kinds of dog food (including the type his breeder fed him), and he still hardly eats. The only thing he likes is just plain non seasoned baked chicken, which unfortunately appears to give him diarrhea. Is there any type of homemade food I can prepare for him, that has some sort of lean meat that is okay for him? Should I go back to feeding him dry food?

Any Advice would help!

PS- I took him to the vet already and ruled out any possible health problems or conditions that would affect his eating habits.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Whoa! Stop changing his food daily or multiple times a day, that's what's giving him diarrhea. Choose what you are going to feed him. Day 1-2 25 % new food, 75% old food from breeder. Day 3-4 50% new, 50% old food. Day 5-6 75% new food, 25% old food. Day 7-life 100% new food.

Put the food down at feeding time for 15 minutes, then pick it up whether the dog eats or not. DO NOT offer any more food until the next meal time, then offer it for 15 minutes again. If the dog has not eaten by the third day, take him to the vet, something is wrong.

Make sure he always had water available. Changing homes often puts a dog off food for a day or two, changing food too fast gives them diarrhea.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Stop feeding the cooked chicken, first. Find a food and stick with it. You just got the puppy, and it needs time to adjust. Stop switching around constantly. Thats going to cause more harm than good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts