Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I hope you are doing well.

I know that this forum is more for dogs but I know all of us are animal lovers, otherwise we wouldn't be taking part in such a forum!

I am hoping that everyone can sign this petition:
https://www.change.org/p/ospca-minister-of-community-safety-and-correctional-services-minister-yasir-naqvi-kathleen-wynne-canadian-accredited-zoos-and-aquariums-charge-michael-hackenberger-of-bowmanville-zoo-for-animal-cruelty-enough-is-enough?tk=1dxc4ehDN9ox2ysRHpJKTCqsbRZgjqRf7MtRG8Jei3E&utm_medium=email&utm_source=signature_receipt&utm_campaign=new_signature

About the petition (WARNING: upsetting information about animal abuse)

I live in Ontario and recently there has been an animal abuse case at the Bowmanville Zoo in Ontario located near Toronto. For years there has been alleged animal abuse occurring in the hands of the owner, Michael Hackenberger and nothing has been done about it. A undercover video taken by a worker shows Hackenberger swearing at and whipping a Siberian Tiger over and over again (at least 19 times one after another). The cat even lays down in pain. PETA released this video and is backing the zoo's shut down and punishment for the owner. However, the OSPCA went to the zoo and was unable to remove any animals under their policy as of yet because they didn't see "signs" of abuse but have said they are still investigating the zoo and will be making sure the animals are taken care of-but this is not enough! The zoo needs to be shut down, the animals need to be taken good care of and the owner needs prison time! Hackenberger was even seen on live television swearing at a monkey who messed up a trick... So if he can do that on live television, just think of what he's able to do behind closed doors.

I have personally emailed Hackenberger explaining how disgusting his actions are, and I have emailed the OSPCA asking for them to take charge. I have signed this petition as well as have emailed Ellen Degeneres in hopes that she may assist PETA in this fight and spread the word worldwide so that there is more support shown for closing the zoo and punishing the sickening owner.

If you can sign the petition, that would be great! The more people backing the cause the better. If you wanted to too, please feel free to email Hackenberger and the OSPCA. There emails are [email protected] and [email protected]

And please!!!!!!!!! Let everyone you know know!!

Lastly, I urge everyone to boycott zoos, especially those who make animals perform tricks! It's abuse in itself to imprison them outside of their wild habitat but to make them perform tricks for our entertainment (and beat them into doing so) is horrific! Please do not support zoos and circuses!

Sincerely,
Kerri

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for signing!

Remarkably, yesterday I found out about this and signed many petitions, emailed PETA, the OSPCA, Ellen Degeneres and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and today charges have been laid against Michael Hackenberger for his sick display. The OSPCA has found enough evidence through the video and through interviews to charge him. Once it goes through court, I am sure he will be punished and hopefully to the fullest extent of the law!

Here is a link to the article if you want to check it out; http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mobile/animal-cruelty-charges-laid-against-bowmanville-zoo-owner-1.2857983

Thank you again so much for signing. It really means so much!

Kerri

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much! I agree-people like him deserve to be in jail!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I signed it!

The circus collects money from animal attractions.

In Canada, how max years of imprisonment for this animal abuse?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts