Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there adopted from a rescue and had to return the dog for any reason? I signed a contract that says I must return the dog to the rescue agency if I cannot keep the dog for any reason. I fully intended to keep my dog for his or my lifetime but have had a biting incident that I cannot ignore. I can no longer trust him around my elderly mom and must find him a new home. I do not want him put down and thought that the rescue would help. They have refused. I am a long time dog owner and I fostered the dog before adopting to be sure it was a good fit for all. This came out of the blue and I am desperate to keep everyone safe including Jethro who is really very sweet. He will see the vet friday and I am hoping to find him another home.

Does anyone know about the adoption contracts or has anyone ever had to deal with this? I am very sad and worried and getting no help from the rescue agency.

·
Super Moderator
3,746 Posts
Hi Deborah,

I'm a little confused. Your adoption contract requires you to return him to the rescue group, but the very same rescue group refuses to take him back? What do they expect you to do if you cannot keep the dog? I guess that's your question.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts