Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please help with my puppy stool

1K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  whoiscoconut 
if he's gassy and tummy gargling, I'd blame the food. my toy poodles never did well on anything but the royal canin food. most toy poodles are very sensitive to their food. I know grain free is what a lot of dog owners like but for toys, I don't recommend it. I tried numerous foods but always found royal canin was the best choice for them.

Yeah, I'd try going back to that first especially if the vet didn't catch the ringwork first. I always use the Indoor puppy xs through their whole life. Toy's can be prone to hypoglycemia any the puppy food has extra calories to it so that will help prevent.

The itching could be sooo many things. Did the itching stop after the use of other food? It could be the cheese as well. I would switch back to royal and avoid other snacks. If he itches then you know. you could try Purina pro plan (there’s one for sensitive tummies). I’d stay away from grain free for a toy pup though bc the fillers really help to prevent the hypoglycemia that toys are known for :)

he might just be doing it to get the chicken now.lol poodles are very smart. it may take a bit to find the food he likes, they're picky little stinkers. lol Mine wouldn't eat two of the foods we bought. it was bc hubs would come home and give her wet food. I told him no one night and left the two types of kibble down and she devoured the royal canin. little stinker just wanted to wait for the wet food.

Totw killed our dog. it happened to numerous other owners too. There's a class action lawsuit from 2018 we were in with a bunch of others were in. I'm super cautious with food now. I stay away from all grain free foods and any with pea or pea protein bc they think it's connected to heart issues as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.