Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Wow, someone else that spells their name like me!

Anyway, good job on rescuing a mill dog. Start up a medical fund now!

She's still really young and her hair hasn't grown all the way in. However, Shih-Tzus are a very common breed in mills and the coloring and flattish nose look to me like there might be some Shih Tzu. That sort of fluffy hair sticking out from his body in that manner is also common in some Poodle mixes. I will say that unlike most mixed shelter dogs, one from a mill is likely a 50/50 mix. But it should be easier to see what she might be as she matures.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'd say there is some ****zu in her, the facial colour markings and the longer nose could come from a Papillon. She is very pretty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They told us the owners where she was taken from said she was shih tzu/yorkie mix. Mom was a shih tzu and dad yorkie. I am not 100% convinced that this is the case--although they have sold 'shorkies' in the past.
Thanks for your feedback!!

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Personally I would buy Shih-Tzu Yorkie. She does have some features of both and is about the right size. What's her personality like? What's her bark sound like? What's her hair feel like? Yorkies have intense, terrier personalities and also a signature bark.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts