Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 4 year old Labrador has fleas. Ive been using Advantage II along with capstar for the past month but my poor lab is still scratching like mad and cant seem to nix the problem. It seems as if the advantage isn't working for me very well this year. I'm thinking of switching and was wondering if anyone has any experience with either nexgard, comfortis or revolution. These are the ones I am considering to make the switch to. Any good/bad experiences with these?

-Just as a note.. I did get my carpet treated some weeks ago-

·
Super Moderator
8,034 Posts
I don't have experience with those products - I use a Seresto collar for prevention and have been pleased with the results.

Depending on how severe the infestation is by now, you may need to consult an exterminator. Fleas can be tough to get rid of. You mentioned that you treated the carpet- what did you use? How many times did you treat it? Did you treat your yard? Fleas can live in the yard and hitch a ride back into your house when your pup goes out to go to the bathroom.

·
Super Moderator
4,614 Posts
I use the same as Esand. I use Nexgard and have never seen a flea.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Used Nexgard for Samantha, but she had a reaction to it, so we are back to Frontline + which seems to be working for her. While she was on Nexgard, she did not have fleas, but she also wouldn't eat, and could hardly walk around the house.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts