Dog Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 dogs. 2 girls and one boy. The oldest girl is 5 and is the mom to the 2 dogs who are over a year. The 2 girls have been getting along fine until recently. The mom jumper on her daughter and since then the fighting hasn't stopped. We have been keeping them separate and even got them both spayed last week. We tried bringing them together and it was good for a whole minute and the fighting started. Please help someone

·
Administrator
1,656 Posts
I have 3 dogs. 2 girls and one boy. The oldest girl is 5 and is the mom to the 2 dogs who are over a year. The 2 girls have been getting along fine until recently. The mom jumper on her daughter and since then the fighting hasn't stopped. We have been keeping them separate and even got them both spayed last week. We tried bringing them together and it was good for a whole minute and the fighting started. Please help someone
Hi. Welcome to the forum. Sorry it’s under the circumstances.

Spaying might help, but it’ll take a couple more weeks for hormones etc to start to settle down. I’d keep the girls separate until then.

Also, you need to be aware that two bitches is the worst possible combination (says she who herself has 2 bitches). There’s a phrase that goes “Males fight for breeding rights. Bitches fight for breathing rights.” Sometimes, when they fall out, the only possible solution is to rehome one of them, or to keep them permanently separated.

Hopefully though, someone will soon be along with better advice than I can give.

Reactions: krystae

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Besides the spay, has anything changed? Routines, resources, health? It might be worth trying to.reintroduce them.like the younger female is a brand new dog. But, a hands-on trainer who can see what is happening would probably be a better bet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Besides the spay, has anything changed? Routines, resources, health? It might be worth trying to.reintroduce them.like the younger female is a brand new dog. But, a hands-on trainer who can see what is happening would probably be a better bet.
We have been keeping them separate since they have been spayed. However when they see each other they are still aggressively barking at each other. However right now are boy dog has stepped up. So when they bark at each other he steps in and they both submit to him. My husband and I have been also stepping to curb their behavior. Going to continue to keep them separate while slowly allowing them to see each other

1 - 5 of 5 Posts