Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We adopted a 1-2 year old Labradane almost 2 weeks ago and part of our adoption was to have her spayed within 30 days. Nov 16 we are having the procedure done. I know we will get instructions from the vet but I was wondering what advice you can give on activity level (she walks with my husband every day for about 20-30 minutes-is this too much? What should I be on the look out for? We have always had male dogs and this is our first female, so I am kind of lost. She is such a big, strong dog (I don't believe she has had much of a social life or any training. ) We believe she was used as a breeder and then dumped :( ) Any advice I can get would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
442 Posts
She'll have stitches so keep an eye on the incision. If it starts looking red or infected, go back to the vet. I'm not sure about the walking, I seem to remember that jumping was the thing that we were supposed to try to curtail? I'm sure your vet will give you the tips on that. I hope it goes well for her!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Every dog is different. Some handle pain better than others. Its been my experience that larger dogs seem to handle the surgery better than smaller dogs and dogs in general handle the surgery way better than people do. :) In a few days, they seem to be almost back to normal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts