Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We rescued this cute little girl from a rescue 3 weeks ago. They think she's a chow chow lab mix they also said possibly part cattle dog. But I wanted to get more opinions on what mix she could be! I've grown up with labs my whole life so my fingers are crossed that she has some lab in her, but I'm unsure.

Thanks in advance for your input :)

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
Oh, I definitely see ACD (Australian Cattle Dog). The rescue probably said Chow because of the black splotches on her tongue. That shows up in many breeds. I have a German Shepherd here right now that has some, and I've personally known/know a Golden and a Newfoundland with them as well (both purebred).

What a cutie!

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I see a hint of Cattle dog in the ears. But I agree with their evaluation. That body and coat is definitely Lab and the face and tongue scream Chow to me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I could definitely see her being an aussie x lab mix, explaining the erect ears and her profile matches a lab's it seems. Maybe check if her paws are webbed?
Seems like she's got all the qualities of a lab except the ears and a slightly longer face ((muzzle mostly)) for a lab at that age, which would totally sport the aussie x lab assumption.
Whatever she is, she's adorable! c:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.