Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I am looking to introduce a dog into the family and I would really like some help making the right choice for my lifestyle. The first thing is that I grew up with a Golden Retriever so I am not going into this completely blind.

The dog ......

I would ideally like a medium size dog. I am not interested in small dogs or anything "cute". The ideal dog would be similar to a Labrador but a bit smaller (not a lot) and with a short coat and not too much shedding (I appreciate there will be some hair :) )

Living conditions ...

I have a 4 bed detached house in a small town/village. The garden is a bit over 100m sq. I am 2 minutes from an old railway line that is ideal for dog walking and 15 mins from a country park which has a lake. There is my wife, my 5 year old son and me. My wife works 2 days a week whist I often work from home around meetings. The house is rarely empty for for more than a few hours but sometimes we could be out for most of the working day. Happy to arrange a dog walker if away too long. We would have time for a couple of half walks a day morning and night with more time at the weekend. It would have a playmate with my 5 year old.

I have done a few online surveys and it mostly comes up with Corgie's and other small dogs which aren't for me. I want more of a dogs dog if you know what I mean. Have considered......

German Pinsher - worried it will be to aggressive with strangers at the school and bark a lot

Beagle/Labbe - worried it will make too much noise and annoy the neighbours

Vizler - too big and strong for my wife to walk without getting dragged.

Any suggestions would be very welcome

Thanks for taking the time to read.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.