Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something came up here so I have to try and sell some more stuff on Etsy. Here are a few ideas I have so far...

Napkin baskets with silhouettes of dogs on the front. They could be different breeds and could be painted with details or just in black or another color.

Small chalk boards in the shape of a dog. I could cut pieces of wood into the shape of a dog and then paint it with chalk board paint.

Wooden magnets. Again, silhouettes. These could even be personalized with the dog's name and what not.

Of course, those ideas are all if my dad gets around to showing me how to use that particular saw.

I also have some polymer clay that I can work with.

So where im asking for help is, which idea do you like best? Is there anything else I should try that you can think of? I know I can advertise the artwork on a particular greyhound page, as well as a parrot page if I make some parrot artwork.

Oh also, which dog breeds do you suggest I make some art for? I figure I could do some popular breeds, because a lot of people have said dog... and I could also do less common dog breeds, because like with Afghan Hounds and a lot others it can be hard to find such a huge variety of items featuring the breed. Im not sure if I explained that clearly enough. I guess what im trying to say is, for example, there are more choices for German Shepherd items than than there are for Pedencos.

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Magnets are always a hit. Do a variety of dog breeds, even include those fabulous mixed breeds.
You have a talent, use it.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I love things with dog silouhettes on them! I've been scouring etsy for a pillow with a silouhette of Chisum on it (or a similar looking dog).

One idea would be if someone sent you a side picture of THEIR dog, you could make a custom image. With silouhette it's not too hard, at least.

What a neat idea - etsy is such a cool place.

·
Premium Member
4,613 Posts
LOVE anything in my dog breed silhouettes. Magnets are awesome, since I'm forever hanging things on my fridge. I'm also seriously in the market for two wood silhouettes (one BC one Aussie) with hooks so I can hang their leashes and collars up.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I only sold on conventions and everything small and cute was always a hit.
stickers, postcards, bookmarks, little notebooks. Little figurines and plush toys were also very well recived.
the bigger and more expensive the stuff was, the more like it was that people would pick it up.

right now I'm making a small artbook and I already know that probably will be less popular than postcards with the same motives.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I am in love with everything dog breed and "classy". I have a whole list of stores and items that I would love to have since not a ton of stuff that is good quality, doesn't look like my grandma would own it :), and has a Redbone on it.

I am super into stationary so that might be cool. Christmas Ornaments are always a huge hit. I buy a family ornament every year. I am sort of addicted to saltshakers (those are my grandma addiction). I have been scouring the web for more accurate breed "family" car decals that are consistent in style throughout the family (I haven't found any). So if you can do car decals/vinyls those would be awesome (people love them).

·
Registered
880 Posts
I love these too but they don't come in all breeds

Reactions: crazy and CoyotePro

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I see a lot of people with car stickers of their breeds around.
Some have little jokes about the breednames or their dogsport... perhaps that would work too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts