Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
So my dog Leo is a german shepard mix (not sure what hes mixed with, I adopted him when he was 4 months old). He has bad allergies and for the past few years I have been getting him shots twice a year when the seasons change (I live in Arizona). Now for the past few months I have noticed a small lump on his front right wrist joint, he is always licking and nibbling it, but I just thought it was due to his allergies. Now a few months have gone by and the lump is still small but getting larger due to swelling i believe, he is still constantly licking it and nibbling at it. He seems fine though, walks normal, runs and plays normal, but when I try to look at or touch it he does everything he can to not let me. When i touch it he just licks my hand trying to get me to let go so he can pull away. I lightly pushed the sides to feel if it was swelling in fact or felt more likw ouss inside. When I did that it felt like just swelling, but he let out a loud cry so I let go and gave him kisses to make it feel better, hahaha. Now currently I am out of work and doing eberything I can to stay afloat as it is so I really cant afford to run to the vet if its nothing major or something I can fix by making him leave it alone and covering it from hum licking or giving him something over the counter to help, I dont know. Along with the shots I get him twice a year for his allergies, I also give him regular over the counter allergy pills twice a day, once in the am with his breakfest and once at night with his dinner. I have attached a pic below of his leg, any help would be hreat. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ask your vet if they accept payment plans.

There are a few different options for financial aid when it comes to pet bills.

Our clinic accepts CareCredit, a credit card used specifically for health expenses, pets included. You can apply online https://carecredit.com
You could also look into getting a loan or doing a fundraiser or something.

Many organizations like humane societies or even shelters offer financial aid sometimes.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts