Dog Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been seeing this animal around my work lately. It clearly has bad mange and is to big to be any fox we have in the area. I'm guessing it's a coyote. This pic is taken in south Eastern PA in a well developed area. I've never seen a coyote or any wild k9s besides a couple fox in the area. I do know coyotes have been spotted locally tho.

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
Oh, poor thing. It looks like a coyote to me. He might be out in public more due to his illness and poor body condition. Coyotes are marvelously adaptable. They are quite happy to live in suburbia and even some urban areas.

·
Registered
85 Posts
We've got them here, too! Northern NJ. I've been calling him a coyote-fox. The neighbors have taken to feeding him. I think he has mange. He comes out day and night, but he's shy. I saw he has a bro over about 5 miles from my neighborhood.

·
Registered
Gary - Purebred Mutt
764 Posts
We have a lot of coyotes where we live and that animal doesn't look anything like one. I think that's a feral dog.
But then too, I live in SW Arizona, maybe they look a lot different on the eastern side of the US.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I showed a picture to the vet. It was of the one we have in my neighborhood. She said it's a fox with mange and that they're very susceptible to mange. I told her my neighbors were feeding it. Then she wrote down the name of a medication for it. Something the neighbors could put in it's food.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts