Dog Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,837 Posts
Hi Ritchie,

First of all, I want to welcome you to the Dog Forum.

That being said, why do you have a two-week old puppy? Puppies should remain with their mothers and siblings until they are eight weeks old. I would strongly recommend that you take this puppy back to its mother today and arrange to pick it up in six weeks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I strongly agree, this is a shelter pup has no parents I feel i can offer a better alternative and a full good life

·
Premium Member
11,876 Posts
Welcome and cute baby!:)
Breed is incredibly difficult to guess at this age. You will need to wait likely several months before you can get a better idea.

Do you actually have this puppy, or is it being cared for right now at the shelter?
Shelters should never adopt out and send home a 2 week old puppy, even if an orphan. If in the US it is actually illegal in many states, to do so....

If you do have this pup, are you familiar with the care required for such a young pup? If not please get in touch with your vet today.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is adopted already and in the shelter, I am English but living in Macau China and picking him up tomorrow. I will post an image here every week and we can work it out together i guess. I know my life is about to change in a major way no more home and lay about after work!

·
Premium Member
11,876 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,837 Posts
Ok....I think the breed of this puppy should be the least of your concerns right now. Right now, let's focus on how you're going to care for him.

You said that you work. Do you have someone who can be with your puppy during the days? A puppy that small is going to need constant, around-the-clock care for a few weeks. I might suggest a sling so that he has skin-to-skin contact for comfort and warmth. Also, what are you planning to feed him? Have you ever raised a puppy before?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SusanLynn: We can provide the time and care and are going to assess the current living conditions to the best of out ability.

If he is currently happy with other pups will leave him a few weeks there, we can provide a good amount of time though not 24 hour. (me full time shift wife part time)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kmes: Yes we have cared for a young dog before but along side parents, this will be first of my own. But i know he is safe with me for life.

·
Super Moderator
3,837 Posts
RitchieK - I want to apologize if my tone came across as "critical." I think it probably did. I can understand that the situation in Macau is quite different than in the States, and I'm glad to learn that you have experience raising a young dog.

Your puppy is adorable, and I really hope that you'll continue to post updates and to ask questions. I'm sure that you will have a lot of questions - we all do - and there are many here who can help you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts