Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The shelter had her listed as "hound" mix, though I'm not totally sold on that as a mix-in.

Posy's pretty big - vet guesses she'll reach the 80s. She has webbed toes, floppy ears, broad chest, and long tail. My best bet right now is some mix of shepard/lab/pit bull. I've just been calling her a "good ol' American street dog" when people ask. She is from a shelter in southwestern PA.

Also, if you have a good guess of her breed, do you think her ears will go up eventually? I'm kinda hoping they stay floppy, but she'll be perfect either way.

(Not a great picture, but the most recent, and you can kinda see some pit bull happening in her face the older she gets, if you look her straight on.)

Sorry for so many pics, just trying to give a good idea. And I'm absolutely obsessed with her, so there are thousands of photos to go around.

Any guesses would be really appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, one more pic so you can see her full body! (She usually has more of a tuck under her ribs, but she was being pudgey at this moment)

·
Registered
7 Posts
definitely have some shepherd in that mix for sure... I'd say maybe a shepherd beagle mix. I see shepherd in the muzzle and facial structure but beagle in the ears....

·
Registered
22 Posts
I see GSD x pit. Shelters tend not to say a dog is a pit mix in fear someone wont adopt it. It's not uncommon a lot of dogs are mismarked on purpose for this reason.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I don't know how popular they are up there but I see GSD x Mastiff. I think it's safe to say that her ears will stay adorable like that. Tucker's ears were trying to stay up at 3 months old. The mastiff could explain the ears as well.

Gotta love those big dogs! She's beautiful! I'd expect larger than 80 lbs. Our vet expected Tucker to be 50-60 lbs and he's at 85 lbs and just turned a year old. Not overweight at all. He has smaller feet than it looks like yours does. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts