Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please don't use this on your pitbull... My pit pup has broken out all over her back and sholders. Her coat looks horrible. I assumed she was having a reaction to a new sweater I bought her that she wore (the day after I used this product for the first time). When I took her sweater off at the end of the night she had bumps on her sholders blades.. So I kept the sweater off her (even though she cries to put it on every time she sees it). I used this product a second time (again thinking that she had a problem with the sweater rather than this shampoo) and the results are so bad! She almost looks as if she has mang! Huge sores popped up over a 12 hour period. The only thing that could cause this is the shampoo as she has not worn any clothing and nothing in her daily life has changed...Per vet recommendations she is on benadryl and I can only bath her with baby oatmeal shampoo. This product is way to expensive for it to cause this reaction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
I hate to hear that about your pup!! Hope she gets better soon! My pitties are always so pitiful when they're sick. If you got it from PetSmart they will most likely take it back and refund your money, since your dog is allergic. I've had to return opened food to them due to allergies and they're really good about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
@amandag89a

Could you list the active ingredient(s) ? Also the in-active ingredients as well if the list isn't too long.

It could be a common active ingredient that isn't just in that shampoo but in other brands of medicated shampoo as well.
It could be that your dog is one of the few that has allergy issues with that ingredient. It would be something to look at before buying any other medicated shampoo.

Stormy

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's awful, and scary for you and your pet. It could be the product, or it could be that your dog is allergic to an ingredient in it. If I wash dogs in a product containing melaleuca my arms break out in spots and burn badly. It's not the product, it's me.

I'm not saying you are wrong, I am saying it could be something you need to take note of because many shampoos contain the same ingredients and your dog could react to something else you use later.

Hope your pup feels better soon!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts