Dog Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I have a black lab/pitbull mix. I know for a fact he has lab in him because his mom was a purebred lab, so I just wanna see some opinions on the other breeds ;)
Ohh, and I've also been told he has pit/lab/shepherd.

^^this is when he had mange, but now he is healthy with only a few hairless patches, but they are just scares.

Now he is a 50lb 8month old....puppy :)

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
In some of the photos he definitely looks like pit, in others he looks like he could have sharpei in him. Could be a lab/pit/sharpei LOL very cute

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Sharpei and pit are my guesses....also both of those breeds are prone to mange (im assuming he had demodectic mange) so it probably is lab mixed with one of those two choices.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol thanks and he does have a few wrinkles, but more a lab/pit body. I think he may have pitbull and sharpei because he will jump up and "snap" at strangers, like a pitbull.

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
Lol thanks and he does have a few wrinkles, but more a lab/pit body. I think he may have pitbull and sharpei because he will jump up and "snap" at strangers, like a pitbull.

hmmm....not how I would describe a pit bull...Pit bulls LOVE people. Sharpei's however, are aloof and don't enjoy interactions with strangers...neither breed is snappy tho.

Sounds like the dog just needs more positive socialization, and is acting like a scared pup of any breed.

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think pitbull.lab mix but pitbull being second generation.
As in , (lets say his mom is the lab) that his dad is from a lab and pitbull decent too. I can see the pit in him, but the lab is 'overpowering'

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didnt mean it like that! I mean he doesnt like males, and if someone gets to close to me he will jump up and try to bite them, but he makes a "snap" noise like a pitbull does.
And yeah he was supposed to be a purebred when we got him, and we believed them because he looked so much like a lab :3

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
I didnt mean it like that! I mean he doesnt like males, and if someone gets to close to me he will jump up and try to bite them, but he makes a "snap" noise like a pitbull does.
And yeah he was supposed to be a purebred when we got him, and we believed them because he looked so much like a lab :3
Either way he is just dang adorable. I really love sharpei's and hope one day to own one!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts