Dog Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about a week ago i noticed that molly had a small white bump on her nose, I didn't think much of it until it started to grow now it looks like this any suggestions on what i can do to get ride of this.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I'd get her to a vet ASAP. It looks like it may be a mast cell tumor. (google images to see examples)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My girl took her to the vet today and they wanted to run all kinds of tests on her. to be honest 'im pretty broke right now so i cant affored a surgery. i was hoping someone can suggestion on a cream to rub on it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The thing is I wouldn't want to put her through a surgery if she doesnt have too. The vet told me to give her some antibiotics and if she doesnt get better she need to get it removed so hopefully its gone next week if not I'll us that care credit card and get it removed thanks pawzaddict.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Good luck. I hope you can get your pup back to good health with the least evasive treatment.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Care credit is a life saver! I agree it shouldn't be removed if it doesn't need to be. Glad the vet gave some antibiotics to try first. Keep us posted.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Good luck! And please keep us posted :)

·
Banned
5,528 Posts
Agreed that I'm worried it's a mast cell tumor. I wish you'd have at least let the vet take a small needle sample of it to submit to a laboratory for testing. The problem with mast cell tumors is that they can wax and wane in their size and appearance so I hope this doesn't happen and you incorrectly think the antibiotic has worked...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just wrighting with an update....we've been giving Molly the antibiotic for a couple of days now and it looks the same maybe even a little bit bigger. We made an appointment with the vet to have the bump removed tomorrow at 8am. Wish my big girl luck and hopefully its not malignant.

·
Registered
73 Posts
good luck and lets hope the anitibtics work my one dog is 12yrs old and she has growths on her in a few spots but the vet says its nothing to to worry about. i keep an eye on all of her growths that she has and none of them seem to get any bigger their the same size as one i first notice them

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mast cells are specialized cells that are normally found throughout the body and help the dog respond to inflammation and allergies.
Mast cells can release several biologically active chemicals when stimulated, among them histamine, heparin, seratonin, prostaglandins and proteolytic enzymes. Although these chemicals are vital to normal bodily function, especially immune response, they can be very damaging to the body when released in chronic excess. Mast cell tumors (MCT) are cancerous proliferations of mast cells. Although they can and will spread throughout the body, the danger from mast cell tumors arises from the secondary damage caused by the release of chemicals that they produce. These chemicals can cause systemic problems that include gastric ulcers, internal bleeding, and a range of allergic manifestations. . It could be useful switching to a hypoallergenic and holistic dog food to avoid giving your dog even more contaminants (antibiotic residue found in the factory farmed meat in low quality dog foods).
Mast cell tumors vary widely in their size, shape, appearance, texture, andlocation. It can be difficult not only to recognize mast cell tumors but topredict their course. They may be relatively benign or malignant. Hope everything works out for you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also: Red lump on puppy snout

Dear all - also my puppy had gotten a pink or red bump or lump on the side of the snout. It appeared suddenly last week and I have seen the vet twice. I am going in again to take a sample on Tuesday to determine what it could be.

Since it came quickly, I don't think it is a tumor or wart (I think these need time to grow). However it could be a reaction (e.g. allergy, insect bite) or infection (e.g. hair follicle or nose issues). Let's see.

I will update, once I have the answer.

Regards, Karen

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts