Dog Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK so
We've got him stopped (I think) peeing in the main part of the house. BUT...

this is really weird. He LOVES to pee on our bed. We have to keep our bedroom door closed at ALL times. If we leave it open for 5 minutes he WILL go in there and pee on one of the corners of the bed. Actually tonight he peed on a pillow. :mad: :mad:

if the door is even not completely latched, he will push it open!!! the problem is sometimes we forget to close the door or it doesnt get latched and he goes in there. I want to teach him NOT to go indoors at ALL! What in the world is his problem? does he think he "owns" our bed???

Why is he so obsessed with peeing on our bed?

PS: He was allowed to sleep in the bed with his owner at his previous home. He is not allowed to sleep on our bed.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Have you had him neutered yet?

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Sounds territorial to me. That is one reason why I will not have another male dog. Because he was allowed to sleep on the previous owners bed, he may be attempting to reclaim a framilar territory. Just an FYI, once a male marks a territory neutering may not help.

Check out the link below. ;)

Urine Marking

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
That's true scenthound. But it's an important start.

Pareee I was asking as discussed here http://www.dogforum.com/dog-behavior/help-new-3-year-old-dog-1778/ Your dog was peeing in the house and we all gave many suggestions-the number one was to neuter.

So what suggestions have you tried? Have you had him neutered? If you have not tried anything we suggested-I'm not surprised he's still peeing in the house.

If you have tried anything-we need to know so we can help you. Otherwise we are just wasting time retyping everything we already told you. :) Please let us know what you tried.

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
it sounds to me like you are giving a new dog too much unsupervised free time in the house. no matter the dog's age, if he is new he needs to be supervised until he gets this. you really need to make the time to do this now...later on you can relax, but treating him like a very young puppy and housebreaking from that point of view will help you tremendously. crates and baby gates are also helpful in these situations. put a baby gate up in front of your bedroom door while you try to figure this out. it may be annoying for a bit, but it will save what sounds like a big headache. have you crate trained him yet? this will help when you absolutely cannot supervise him....
if you are going to have him out and about, you can also keep him on a leash....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi
yes i've started treating him like a puppy. I let him out more often, and praise him every time he pees outside. (or poos, but that's not the problem, he tells me when he has to go poo)

Crate training?? What do you mean by 'crate trained' I guess he's crate trained? His bed is in his crate, he sleeps in it at night and its left open during the day so he can go in and out of it freely. He stays in his crate when we go out as well.

I was really hoping I didn't have to neuter him because I was considering stud service. But if it's the only thing that will help then I guess I will have to.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PS: I think the previous owner lied to me. She said that he never urinated at her house, yet his little bed stank of pee. She was going to email me his previous vet's info, but never did, even though I have reminded her several times. He has fleas, etc. I bet he's glad to have new owners!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This isn't my first dog. The first dog I got as a puppy (JRT) and she was a BREEZE to train. So easy, so willing to learn. This fella you can hardly get his attention :p
I'm not used to that :p

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
This isn't my first dog. The first dog I got as a puppy (JRT) and she was a BREEZE to train. So easy, so willing to learn. This fella you can hardly get his attention :p
I'm not used to that :p
unfortunately when they don't have solid potty training as puppies it causes lots of problems when they get older. neutering will definately alleviate his desire to mark. it will not cure all the problems though....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
22,635 Posts

·
Registered
18,782 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
speechless are you. what is your reason

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Well personally I do not think you understand what all is entitled in breeding your dog.

You must have the dog tested for any medical problems and health risks. You do not know where exactly your dog came from. What if his parents were not great candidates for breeding? You would just be passing down these genes

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
1. your dog is not purebred...you know nothing about its lineage.
2. your dog is not health tested
3. your dog is not titled in anything
4. there are millions of animals killed yearly because there are not enough homes for non titled, non health tested mixed breeds.
5. breeding is very complicated and housetraining is pretty simple...maybe you should focus on standing, then walking before you think about running.

I suggest you read every word of this link :)

SO YOU WANT TO BREED DOGS DO YOU?

If you breed your dog to just any bitch you run the risk of STDs... and all the available bitches who are screened are not going to want to use your dog for stud anyway.

iam sure your dog is a wonderful, beautiful pet...but there are millions of unwanted, beautiful pets already.

Basic breeding ethics

http://dogplay.com/Breeding/ethics.html

if after all this you STILL wan to breed I suggest volunteering at an animals shelter so you can see first hand what you'd be contributing too.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok
so I don't know much about studding. FYI, I was going to do a lot of studying before I did it anyway. I wasn't just gonna jump in and start advertising a stud service. BUT I see where you are coming from. My husband and I were leaning towards neuter in the first place, we just needed to find out more information.

Anyway, the post is about Pika peeing. lol. I always seem to get wayy off topic.

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts