Dog Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First up-mikey's new gf-Mindy. The first two times he met her, he hated her. They didn't fight-because she's a lab and hey-easy going ;) But that was before he was a seasoned dog park dog ;) So we brought him back over to play with Mindy-he snarled, then they played for hours non stop.

Here are some Mikey cuddling Mindy pics! (Thank goodness-it's my bff's dog!!)

And then some pics at the dog park today. I'm hoping to get a better cam for xmas-so excuse the low quality!!

Love this pic

Too bad this one is blurry :(

I really like how this one turned out

One cute dog he played with-never seen this one before but I think he's very handsome :)

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I felt the same way-I just try not to take pics of people and try to make it obvious that I'm just taking pics of my dog. No one has minded at all.

A big boo to the fact that we don't have fenced dog parks here-I see them on TV but we don't have any in Edmonton-but really that's not even 1/10 of that park (A lot of it is trails and trees) and this is one of the smallest we have-the other one we like is Laurier and It's HUGE! So I guess we have BIG parks-just not fenced. Downside-you have to track down pups to play with ;)

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok deal!! It gets forty below here in the winter-I think you live in CA ...palm trees? DEAL!!! :p

Sounds good-will wait for your dog park pics :)

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
I felt the same way-I just try not to take pics of people and try to make it obvious that I'm just taking pics of my dog. No one has minded at all.

A big boo to the fact that we don't have fenced dog parks here-I see them on TV but we don't have any in Edmonton-but really that's not even 1/10 of that park (A lot of it is trails and trees) and this is one of the smallest we have-the other one we like is Laurier and It's HUGE! So I guess we have BIG parks-just not fenced. Downside-you have to track down pups to play with ;)
mikey is sooo handsome! love the pic of him standing out in the field on his own...he looks so smart and alert!

funny, you have a bunch of collars on him...people always make fun of me bc of all the "gear" i have for clover.....lol i don't think he notices...but sometimes he looks pretty strapped up....

i sort feel like the unfenced parks are just a bit better at keeping away the people who don't bother with any training at all. in town we have a fenced park...i've seen people pop their dog inside and then go sit in their car and chat on the phone, i've heard of people just leaving them in there for a bit and coming back to pick them up:mad: grrrr.....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i've seen people pop their dog inside and then go sit in their car and chat on the phone, i've heard of people just leaving them in there for a bit and coming back to pick them up:mad: grrrr.....
OMG I would fume!! That's ridiculous! Booo to those poeple :(

They fenced the park around the perimeter now so that no dogs can possibly get on the road-We haven't gone near the roads-but I feel safer about that ;)

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
i ripped this lady a new one, when i first got clover. they were remodeling the park, safely, but the water area was closed and some other stuff, and when i got there, there was a lady w some really cute mutt already there and a gsd puppy, i thought...when i started asking the lady about the puppy, she said, "oh he isn't mine, he was here when i got here, i thought he was the guy's who just left" so an hour later this chick come walking in, wearing stilletos btw and tries to get this poor puppy...she had been sitting in her car for who knows how long...i just lost it, i basically banned her from the dog park if she wasn't planning on supervising her dog....as if i have that sort of authority...i told her that i was calling animal control and the city park ranger next time...thinking back lol she must have been pretty freaked out at me....anyway, she was the worse that i directly experienced...but some of the stories i've heard!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Mikey is so handsome with his bandanna and other gear!

People used to make fun of me when I'd put a light jacket my mom made for my dog in the winter. Not if I put a bandanna on her tho LOL.

Our dog parks in MD are so much smaller, the one I took my dog to was the biggest of them.

~MSE

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
i ripped this lady a new one, when i first got clover. they were remodeling the park, safely, but the water area was closed and some other stuff, and when i got there, there was a lady w some really cute mutt already there and a gsd puppy, i thought...when i started asking the lady about the puppy, she said, "oh he isn't mine, he was here when i got here, i thought he was the guy's who just left" so an hour later this chick come walking in, wearing stilletos btw and tries to get this poor puppy...she had been sitting in her car for who knows how long...i just lost it, i basically banned her from the dog park if she wasn't planning on supervising her dog....as if i have that sort of authority...i told her that i was calling animal control and the city park ranger next time...thinking back lol she must have been pretty freaked out at me....anyway, she was the worse that i directly experienced...but some of the stories i've heard!
hahaha I have done this more times than I can remember... last time was som' asshat selling four week old rottie puppies on an 100+ deg day. Usually tho, its people with aggressive dogs that wont leave...after three fights If I am still around I say som'thing...and you can imagine how nice it is. Tho the past couple years have jaded me a bit, so we simply leave. Its too stressful to try and save the world all the time.

I think your idea about the unfenced park being better isn't far off...I take my "trustables" to an unfenced area that other locals use for their dogs and generally there are better behaved dogs...that or the owner is chasing the dog shouting its name...:eyeroll: we've had a few rude dogs rush up to us...but nothing compared to the fenced in dog park.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts