Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my dog (female Yorkie, 14 years, 4 pounds) is a serious picky eater. She can’t eat dry food (bad teeth) and hated wet food since she was a baby. These days she’s been not eating and having diarrhea so I took her to the vet today and they gave us meds and recommended we feed chicken breast or ground turkey. But she won’t eat that either! Even made her a chicken porridge (which I deliciously ate as well)! I have to feed her medicine with food 2x daily but when she’s so picky with food I don’t know what to give her.. She sometimes eats her snacks and boiled beef from our korean soups but that’s about it. Any recommendations? Please and thank you. I hope you all are safe and healthy during this difficult time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Maybe your dog will be interested in bone broth, which is a very mild liquid meal for your dog to enjoy. Since it's in a liquid form, it will probably be easier for her to eat and is very gentle on their stomachs while at the same time, filling. It's not unusual for a dog to loose it's appetite in their senior years, but maybe it's an underlying health issue. If her medications don't work, you should definitely see if it's something else that's causing her loss of appetite. I hope you get to the bottom of it and wish you the best! Stay safe and healthy!

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
My trick when ours get weird about eating, is to pour some beef broth over rice, or her food, If that doesn't work, it might be time for your Vet to get involved.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I totally agree! We make broth and keep it in a jar for them. We usually feed them dry food with something on top of it, and they used to leave a good amount of the dry food. Now we just pour some of the broth on top of it and they finish every bite.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts