Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you might already know I had been looking at buying a Pug puppy from a reputable breeder. Had a little trouble initially in Ontario (Canada) because I felt some breeders didn't want to talk to me because my last name wasn't "Davis". As pretty much all Ontario Pug breeders are Caucasian. I'm not.

Any how, this breeder seemed to have good policies setup. Had the dew claws removed + vet check + shots + 6 weeks insurance etc. Price was very reasonable. The average asking price is $1500 in Ontario. Dams/Sires were "prize winning show dogs"...don't know if my pup's parents were. Breeders home seemed well kept...surrounded by corn fields. :) Is also a Lab breeder.

Puppy is now 3 months old. Coming to 13 weeks old tomorrow. Great personality. Super sociable with all people/dogs (that are also sociable and non aggressive). Attracts people like a magnet. Though the powers of social media people have been seeking us out on our dog walks knowing my dog walking times and parks I frequent. :) Wanting to touch him, take photos and HD videos. Some bring kids and some women came alone w/ their dogs if they had them. :)

This is Max...sociable, athletic, super intelligent, biter (teething...sharpest teeth with very strong bite force for a 7.7 pounder).

Only minor pain is that lately he's been choosing to waking me at around 4-5:30 am for his 1st walk after his first meal (he gets 2). Need to try to tire him out enough before he sleeps (usually goes down at 12:30 am). :)

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jeni1 and 2. :)

Still working on the "4 am wake up call problem". :) Going to try delaying his 1st meal when he wakes me. Just take him outside. And make him wait for his breakfast. As dogs are driven by food. :) Maybe it's because early in the morning dogs feel hungry...knows as soon as he wakes me he gets fed. So why sleep any more? :)

Any one have "early morning wakeup call problems" with their puppies? Ideas?

Other than that Max is a great pup. Just returned maybe an hour ago from his 3rd walk of the day. Played with a big 90 odd pound black Mastiff mix. Named "Buffy". Owned by a Russian woman and her daughter.

Max, is already very athletic. Able to jump and roll around with a dog that outweighs him by 7-8x. :) Able to "rough house". Helps the big dog is okay with Max's style of play. Getting into her face. Pushing. Playfully. Running around the park. Jumping over the Mastiff...running over her back...Mastiff not being bothered. :)

Got some good video of their play. Maybe 5 clips now.

Will be a bit freightening to think how many photos and HD video clip I'll have throughout his lifetime. He's only a little over 3 months old. Coming to 3 months 2 weeks. Hopefully he'll live as long as my other two dogs who both live almost to 17.

Strong appetite. Finishes his dry dog food in one sitting. Is fed twice a day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts